Stevedoring companies in the Chornomorsk seaport have increased cargo handling by 4.7% since the beginning of the year. In the first two months of 2017, the volume of cargo turnover in the seaport (including LLC Ilyichevsk Fishing Port) was 3.018 million tons. In total, port operators processed 232 ships in the first two months of the year, the CFTS portal reports, citing data from the Ukrainian Seaports Authority.
In February, 120 vessels were processed in the port. The volume of cargo turnover in the seaport during that month was 1.384 million, including 236,000 tons by LLC Ilyichevsk Fishing Port.
Following is the breakdown of the cargo handling volumes by operators at the seaport:
- the state-owned Chornomorsk Commercial Seaport handled 494,000 tons
- JV Transbalterminal handled 271,000 tons
- LLC Ilyichevsk grain terminal handled 186,000 tons
- LLC Risoil Terminal handled 55,000 tons
- LLC Olir Resources handled 50,000 tons
- LLC Trans Service handled 29,000 tons
- the Fram Shipping Agency handled 35,000 tons
- LLC Black Sea Stevedoring Company handled 25,000 tons
- LLC Khim Oil Transit Ukraine handled 2,000 tons
- PJSC Black Sea Fuel Terminal handled 1,000 tons.
The volume of cargo handled by the state operator at the Chornomorsk seaport accounted for 36% of the total volume of cargo handled by all the operators in the port. In February, private Private operators handled 890,000 tons or 64% of the total volume, including 467,000 tons (34% of the total volume) through berths belonging to the Ukrainian Seaports Authority.
The port handled 1,141,000 tons of export cargoes, 214,000 tons of import cargoes, and 29,000 tons of transit cargoes.