The Ministry of Infrastructure has begun accepting applications to participate in the concession tender for the Olvia seaport.
The Ministry of Infrastructure announced this in a statement, the CFTS portal reports.
The concession tender is for the package of assets that is used for integrated provision of services in the Olvia seaport, including assets of the Olvia specialized seaport and assets of the state-owned Ukrainian Seaports Authority (USPA) listed by the concessor, as well as the facilities that need to be specially created (built) in accordance with the terms of the concession contract. Concession will be granted for 35 years based on the results of the concession tender.
Following is the preliminary timetable for the concession tender:
– October 18, 2019: publication of the tender announcement in the Holos Ukrainy newspaper and the start of submission of applications to the tender commission (since the deadline for considering an application for admission to participate in the tender is 14 days, the Ministry of Infrastructure recommends submitting applications as early as possible).
– December 16, 2019: the deadline for submitting applications and tender proposals to the tender commission (applications to participate in the tender and tender proposals are to submitted within 60 days from the date of publication of the announcement of the concession tender in the Holos Ukrainy newspaper).
– From December 16, 2019 to January 20, 2020: submission of changes to tender proposals (if any).
– At the end of the period for making changes to tender proposals, the tender commission will evaluate tender participants’ financial proposals (from January 20 to January 30, 2020). The Ministry of Infrastructure is expected to determine the winner of the concession tender in the first half of February 2020 (depending on the number and quality of proposals submitted).
– After determining the winner of the concession tender and publishing its results (tentatively in the second half of February 2020), the Ministry of Infrastructure will begin talks on conclusion of a contract with the winner of the tender Conclusion of the contract is scheduled for early May 2020.
According to the Ministry of Infrastructure, it has sent the information necessary for applicants to obtain the relevant permits to the Antimonopoly Committee.
The procedures for submitting applications to participate in the concession tender and submitting tender proposals are outlined in instructions for applicants, which are posted on the official website of the Ministry of Infrastructure.
As the CFTS portal reported, the Ministry of Infrastructure began accepting applications to participate in a concession tender for the state-owned Kherson seaport on October 8.
The ministry announced concession tenders for the Olvia stevedoring company and the Kherson Commercial Seaport on September 12.
It was announced in early October that 46 companies from 11 countries had shown interest in the concession tender for the Olvia and Kherson seaports.