The Ukrainian Ministry of Infrastructure has published the financial results of the state enterprises operating in the maritime industry in the first half of 2015. The CFTS portal has compiled a list of the 10 most profitable state enterprises in the maritime industry based on the published data.
The Administration of Seaports of Ukraine tops the list with a net profit of UAH 2.2 billion in the first half of this year. This amount accounts for half of the total profits of state enterprises in the maritime industry during that period.
The Yuzhny seaport is second on the list with a net profit of about UAH 581 million and the Ilyichevsk seaport is third with a net profit of more than UAH 350 million.
Four state stevedoring companies made profits in excess of UAH 100 million. They are the Mariupol seaport (more than UAH 280 million), the Odessa seaport (more than UAH 251 million), the Oktyabrsk seaport (more than UAH 143 million), and the Berdyansk seaport (about UAH 123 million).
The Gosgidrografiya state company, which engages in provision and development of navigation systems in Ukraine, is eighth on the list with more than UAH 73 million. Next on the list are the Izmail seaport with a net profit of UAH 47 million and the Kherson seaport with a net profit of about UAH 45 million.
1. The Administration of Seaports of Ukraine - UAH 2.2 billion (UAH 665.4 million in the first half of 2014)
2. The Yuzhny Commercial Seaport - UAH 580.6 million (UAH 135.3 million)
3. The Ilyichevsk Commercial Seaport - UAH 350.1 million (UAH 22 million)
4. The Mariupol Commercial Seaport - UAH 280.4 million (UAH 206.8 million)
5. The Odessa Commercial Seaport - UAH 251.3 million (UAH 85.3 million)
6. The Oktyabrsk seaport - UAH 143.2 million (UAH 29 million)
7. The Berdyansk Commercial Seaport - UAH 122.7 million (UAH 2 million)
8. The Gosgidrografiya state enterprise - UAH 73.2 million (UAH 37 million)
9. The Izmail Commercial Seaport - UAH 46.5 million (UAH 14 million)
10. The Kherson Commercial Seaport - UAH 35 million (UAH 0.5 million)