The Ukrainian Ministry of Infrastructure has published the financial results of the state enterprises operating in the railway industry in the first half of 2015. The CFTS portal has compiled a list of the 10 most profitable state enterprises in the railway industry based on the published data.
The first three most profitable state enterprises in the railway industry are structural units of the State Railway Administration (Ukrzaliznytsia). The most profitable is the Odessa Railway, which made a net profit of about UAH 108 million in the first half of this year.
The Lviv Railway is second with about UAH 72 million and the Southern Railway is third with over UAH 62 million.
The South-Western Railway was sixth with a profit of UAH 15 million.
Specialized logistics centers occupied the fourth and fifth places. The Ukrreftrans company, which operates refrigerated cars, earned more than UAH 27 million. The Liski center, which provides services involving transportation of containerized cargo, made a net profit of UAH 20 million.
Another profitable logistics center in the railway industry is the Ukrainian Transport and Logistics Center, which is responsible for organizing transportation in government freight cars. This state-owned enterprise earned more than UAH 6 million, occupying the ninth position on the list.
The Main Information and Computing Center is seventh on the list. This state-owned company provides information services to customers of Ukrzaliznytsia and operates automatic management systems for passenger trains and freight transportation. It made a net profit of about UAH 11 million.
The Vinnitsatranspribor state enterprise is eighth with a profit of UAH 8 million and the Kiev-Dnepro MPPZhT state enterprise is tenth with UAH 3 million.
As the CFTS portal previously reported, the state-owned Ukrainian High-Speed Rail Company, which is the operator of high-speed passenger trains in Ukraine, reported losses of UAH 494.1 million for the first half of 2015, which is almost three times more than its losses in the same period last year (UAH 165.7 million). Its net sales revenue in the first half of the year amounted to UAH 263 million, which is three times more than its sales revenue of UAH 74 million in the first half of 2014.
1. The Odessa Railway - UAH 107.5 million (UAH 61.6 million in the first half of 2014)
2. The Lviv Railway - UAH 71.5 million (UAH 54 million)
3. The Southern Railway - UAH 66.2 million (UAH 3 million)
4. The Ukrreftrans center - UAH 27.3 million (UAH 12 million)
5. The Liski center - UAH 20.1 million (UAH 17.3 million)
6. The South-Western Railway - UAH 15 million (UAH 5.3 million)
7. The Main Information and Computing Center - UAH 10.7 million (UAH 8.3 million)
8. The Vinnitsatranspribor state enterprise – about UAH 8 million (UAH 6.8 million)
9. The Ukrainian Transport and Logistics Center - UAH 6.1 million (UAH 10.3 million)
10. The Kiev-Dnepro MPPZhT - UAH 2.6 million (UAH 2.9 million)