The Russian embankment at the Szczecin port (Poland) will be renamed as the Ukrainian embankment.
The relevant resolution was adopted by the Szczecin and Swinoujscie port authority and later by the Szczecin city council, the CFTS portal reports, citing the Gospodarka Morska publication.
The embankment is about 350 meters long. The reinforced concrete warehouse No. 7, which (together with roads and railways) was put into operation in 1929, is located there. These facilities are part of the duty-free zone. After the Second World War, this part of the port remained under Soviet control longer than the others. It was handed over to Poland together with the warehouse No. 7 only in January 1955.
According to the publication, this is not the first time that this part of the port has been renamed. It was initially called the Pruska embankment. It was called the Soviet embankment during the entire period of the Polish People's Republic after the Second World War.
The resolution on renaming the embankment will enter into force 14 days after its announcement in the West Pomeranian Voivodeship’s Official Gazette.