SkyUp Airlines, a Ukrainian airline, will launch several flights to Saudi Arabia from Kyiv and Lviv in August.
The airline announced this in a statement, the UNIAN news agency reports.
The airline will operate flights to Saudi Arabia according to the following schedule:
Kyiv-Dammam flights every Tuesday from August 3;
Kyiv-Jeddah flights on Thursdays and Sundays from August 8;
Kyiv-Riyadh flights from August 4 (flights to Riyadh every Wednesday and Saturday and flights to Kyiv every Thursday and Sunday);
Lviv-Dammam flights from August 5 (flights to Dammam on Thursdays and flights to Lviv on Fridays).
"Travel to Saudi Arabia allows travelers to feel like pioneers in search of the unknown because the country led a lifestyle that was closed to the outside world for a long time. Now, everyone can familiarize themselves with the culture of this country and explore ancient monuments, Martian desert landscapes, and comfortable modern cities," the press service of the airline said in the statement.
Ukrainians traveling to Saudi Arabia must meet the following requirements.
- provide a certificate of full vaccination (approved vaccines: Pfizer/BioNTech, Oxford-AstraZeneca, Moderna (2 doses), and Johnson & Johnson (1 dose));
- provide proof of a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of entering the country (does not apply to children under the age of 8);
- register on an online platform at least 72 hours before departure.
- provide proof of a negative PCR test taken no later than 72 hours before entering the country (does not apply to children under 8 years old);
- complete the obligatory seven-day "institutional" quarantine upon arrival in the country;
- retake the PCR test on the first and seventh days of the quarantine.
The airline is obliged to check that a passenger has his purchased quarantine package, which covers insurance against COVID-19, and a place of quarantine, and a site for taking PCR tests on the first and seventh days of quarantine.
As reported previously, the flynas low-cost airline (Saudi Arabia) began operating flights between the two countries in June, initially between Riyadh and Kyiv and later from Jeddah and Al-Qasim to Lviv.